Miyerkules, Disyembre 11, 2013

Narrative Blog: My Sweet Encounter with God


          I was invited to an Encounter God Retreat by Ate Cleng - our Bible Study leader. It happened last August 16-17, 2013. It was a one day experience. We had our dinner as we arrived at the venue and proceeded with the first, second and third lecture. The next day, we had our quiet time at 4:30 am. After our breakfast, we proceeded to the hall for the fourth to the seventh lecture and lunch time came. We rested for an hour to prepare ourselves for the next five lectures. I learned how great God's love is and how great His works are. We learned about sins, confessing, repenting, forgiveness, friendship, honoring parents, avoiding temptations, praying, obeying and being responsible for our actions.
          The actual encounter took place. They made us watched the video clip of the film "The Passion of Christ". Heavy tears kept falling while I'm watching the video. His pain made me guilty of my sins that I have done. They made us experience the actual crucifixion of Christ, one person on each hand and one on the head. The two people on my hand, struck a nail on my palm, making sure I was hurt but not to the point that it will wound me, just to made me feel the pain. The other person placed a crown of thorns in my head, pushing it hard to also make me feel the pain. The whole thing made me experience the crucifixion of Christ, but I know that God's crucifixion is way more painful compared to mine. I cried hard by that thought. After that, we worshiped Him as we asked for forgiveness and thanked Him. God is our Savior, our great Provider, our Healer and our Father, and no man will ever put us down if we have Him in our life. For me, nothing compares for that sweet unforgettable moment of my life.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento